We have seen many different presentations. The most effective presentation is one that is informal and simple. The more information you can provide is great but remember you only have 5 minutes. A personal story and reason why the charity is important to you makes a great impact.
Here is a list of topics that you should be prepared to discuss:
- What is the name of the organization?
- Where is the organization located?
- What is the mission of the organization?
- What purpose does the organization serve? (who are they, what do they do, how do they do it)
- How would the organization benefit from receiving the donation?
- How will the funds be used?
- What other sources of funding does the organization have (i.e. how needy is the organization)?
- Can they issue tax receipts?
- If chosen, to whom would the group make a check payable to?
- Describe your personal interactions with the organization or how you learned of the organization.